Feel like you’ve got the best kept secret … but would really rather that people just found your business?
And there’s a really easy way to get insta story fanatics down to your feed …
If you haven’t set up your Google My Business listing yet, put it right at the top of your ‘must get done before the end of 2020’ list.
GMB is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps (think business name, location, hours, photos, reviews etc). It’s the single most important thing to do for your SEO … and that means more people can find you quickly.
Here’s how to do it:
• Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create an account if you don’t have one)
• Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
• Enter your business name.
• Enter your business address (if you work from home, consider getting a virtual membership at a coworking space to keep your home address safe & project a professional image)
• Choose your business category. (Choose the most accurate category possible – it tells Google which type of customers you want to see your business listing)
• Add your business phone number or website.
• Choose a verification option (postcard, phone, email etc)
• And then go nuts adding every detail possible, and a selection of great photos, about your business.
Without a doubt, this is the best thing you can do for search engine optimisation (SEO) on Google. The more info you put in, the more Google shows your listing to the right type of people (and therefore the more quickly people find your business).
Need a virtual membership? Find out more here.
📸Snappy Street Creative of our Mona Vale space