This ‘how to’ is brought to you by one of our members who’s personal facebook account, which was linked to her business, was hacked. She’s lost her social media accounts (forever by the looks of it 😳), a sh*****tload of money and has wasted more time than trying to explain to a 3 year old why they have to go to bed.
But in her true style, she gave me the lowdown on what she learnt, in the hope that it doesn’t happen to any of us:
• As Seth Godin says, you don’t own your socials! They can be taken away instantly no matter how much logic you throw at FB! Use socials to build your database which you own.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Put two factor authentication on your FB account! (It takes 2 minutes)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Delete old email addresses linked to your FB account (this is your weak spot!)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Cyber crime has increased 400% since COVID, so you need to protect your business across the board. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Consider Cybersecurity Insurance.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• A good mentor is priceless (and now a non-negotiable) when sh&t hits the fan.
Need to get this sorted asap? Do it!
Seriously, Paul Smith Images, this is EXACTLY what we’d like to be doing right now, rather than sorting out our cyber security! What an amazing 📸