The best way to do that is to set up your Google My Business listing.
GMB is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps (think business name, location, hours, photos, reviews etc). Apart from the fact your customers will be able to find whatever info they need about you quickly and send you love letters (and alcohol at Christmas!), it’s also the single most important thing to do for your SEO.⠀
Yep, an optimised GMB listing means that when people Google your business, Google will push you up to the top of the page (even if your competitors are advertising … more on that another day!). It’s not just important for bricks and mortar businesses either, service businesses should have it set up too.
I know I bang on about this all. the. time … but it’s because it’s sooo important.
Here’s how to set it up: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create an account if you don’t have one)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Enter your business name.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Enter your business address (if you work from home, consider getting a virtual membership at a coworking space to keep your home address safe & project a professional image)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Choose your business category. (Choose the most accurate category possible – it tells Google which type of customers you want to see your business listing)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Add your business phone number or website.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Choose a verification option (postcard, phone, email etc)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• And then go nuts adding every detail possible, and a selection of great photos, about your business.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Without a doubt, this is the best thing you can do for search engine optimisation (SEO) on Google. The more info you put in, the more Google shows your listing to the right type of people (and therefore the more quickly people find your business). Let me know if you have any questions on how to optimise it.